Hey everyone. So much happened this week and I don't have a lot of time left. Things are crazy up here in Ellicott City. We were so blessed to be able to teach the Restoration to a few different people this week. Here are a few of them:
1) An 76 year old white man named Jean who used to be a psychiatrist and who now spends his days reading stories at the old folks home and playing his flute on his beautiful front porch
2) a sassy black lady named Roxy (are they ever anything BUT sassy...? LOVE) who told us "I AINT JOININ YALLS CHURCH." at the beginning but had poured out her heart to us and agreed to read the BOM by the end.
3) A tough EMT who works in Baltimore City and literally knows NOTHING about religion. He is married to a member and we've been trying to teach him. we've learned we really have to get on his level. We tried to read 2 Nephi 26 with him but he stopped us and said, "Nah, I don;t do well with all this fancy language and stuff. I'll let you hear MY kind of scripture." he then proceeds to put on the Tim Mcgraw song "Humble and Kind." and Sis Bullock didn't like it, but I thought it was awesome.
Also Danielle called us this week. Haven't heard from her in a while. She said she wanted us to start coming over again. lol.
Other than that, we taught Tina again. She is fabulous. That's all I can say. she's still praying about baptism.
My three favorite things that happened this week
1. When Abe Kreis (cute 4 year old in pictures enclosed) ran to the front of the sacrament meeting and did the chicken dance while everyone was singing I Stand All Amazed. hahahahaha!!
2. When we spent 4 hours out walking in the hot hot sun and we stopped by a less actives house who invited us in. he's this cute little Asian man who offered us some water and we gladly accepted. he was gone for a while and I'm thinking, "How long does it take to get some water?" and about 10 minutes later he come back with glasses filled with BOILING HOT WATER and he starts to go on this rant about how bad cold water is for you and I'm thinking, "I'm literally sweating bullets right now and you are seriously about to give me water hotter than the temperature outside????" It was hilarious.
3. When we spent last night at the Wood's home. they are members who used to be in our ward but got split off from us during the changes. It was a wonderful night. We just stopped by to return something and it ended up being a night filled with laughter and singing and telling stories and reading the scriptures together. I think it was similar to what heaven will be like. The members who love you and who laugh with you really do make you a happier missionary.