Hey everyone!! Time is just flying by!! This week I hit my 6 month mark!!! How wild is that!? These 6 months have been the best 6 months of my entire life!! ♡♡♡
- Before Sister Macdonald went home we filmed a best practices mission wide training about the importance of having companion unity! We had then just presented it on Wednesday morning! It was so fun and people seemed to enjoy it so that was nice.
- On Sunday they asked us last minute to speak since the speaker didn't show up. That was actually really fun!!! I talked about how we need to experience hard things to help us have the strength to go forward!! For example a baby chick needs to Crack its own shell when it hatches in order to gain the strength it needs to move forward. If someone else cracks it for it then it will die!
In the scriptures it talks about these people who were suffering great persecutions and afflictions and then in the next verse it says
Helaman 3:35 "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation" so as they turned to Christ in their afflictions He was able to turn those into hard feelings into joy and consolation. So much so that their SOULS were filled with JOY.
- We had another incredible lesson with our friend Trevor, and we extended the baptismal invitation to him and he said he's been thinking about it, and will pray and ponder about a date!! He's super elect and shares the greatest insights. We tell him all the time that he's the one teaching in our lessons haha! He's also very fun to talk to and always has us cracking up. At the end of our lesson, we were talking about dropping off cookies to him, and he was like "Oh, I don't know, I'm trying to watch what I eat" and we were laughing because he cooks such amazing food and does not seem like the kind of guy who cares about that stuff. Then he continued, "No seriously! I look at my food as I put it into my mouth to make sure it doesn't get away" 😂 He's just the best. He's from South Africa but grew up in England so he has the coolest accent!
- We had a joint lesson with our district and our friends Danielle and her husband Andrew (the Elders are teaching him and we're teaching Danielle) on Wednesday which went super well. Danielle and Andrew and their kids were actually all supposed to be baptized on the 14th, but due to some personal circumstances, it was postponed. We had this lesson to help strengthen their faith and we read from Alma 7 and talked a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the Spirit was so powerful! We encouraged them to rely on Christ and not just on their efforts alone and invited them to fast and pray together so I'm excited to follow up and see how their experience went! They really are a great family, and we hope we can help get them back on track for a new baptismal date! Please pray for them 😊
- We had some lessons with our friend Debbie, the mother of Travis - a father who was just baptized with his family last month, and they went super well! She's just the sweetest lady and so open to learning. We went over part of the Plan of Salvation in our last lesson and she loved it and was like "next lesson I'm going to come with a ton of questions!" and we're like score! She actually lives in Grand Prairie, so the past couple lessons we had with the sisters from there and passed Debbie off to them, so we won't be teaching her anymore, but we are so excited for her progress.
Seriously an awesome week and transfer! I think Sister Milad and I will both be staying here for another transfer (fingers crossed), but not exactly sure so we'll see what happens tomorrow night!!
One last thing: A quote from one of my favorite talks by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"We must never let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. Every person in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty. This is the plan. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need." ❤
This is a difficult and uncertain time we're living in, but I add my testimony to Elder Holland's that God is in control! His hand and wisdom is in ALL things, and our experiences can be to our benefit if we choose to have faith over fear and put our trust in Him. I know that as we do so, we will see great things unfold before our eyes!!