Hello!! ❄❄❄❄ It is practically winter here. Woohoo!! (Not!!)
Every morning we get bombarded by the elders throwing snow balls at us (at our apartment window, at us, at our car... always haha). There was snow here before there was even snow in Winnipeg. Is it just me or is that *wrong*!?!? Oh well. I love the people here so much though, they all just make my heart so happy ❤❤ Even when its cold outside 😉
- We had a lesson with the Fournier family, they're so cute and the boys were all so attentive in the lesson, it was so great! We taught them the 10 commandments and did the hand signals with them. They loved it and at the end they taught us and killed it! That was also our first lesson inside someone's home since they've made the change! So that's exciting.
- We had an awesome lesson with Wake and the more we meet with him, the better friends we become and the more we can "call him out" on stuff he says. Like he will go off for 10 mins about his belief in "It" and then says he doesn't believe in God but we are like "Wake!! Your "It" = our "God"!!! You basically are believing in God but without the title!!" And ya its been good. I invited him to be baptized on November 7th and it was super cool. The spirit was so strong! He is going to try to prepare for that!!! Pray for him!! Last time we invited him he said he would rather die urbanized and "deal with it" in the spirit world lol. So we have made progress from that (;
- We invited Eva to come to this cute little girls baptism and she came & loved it!! We also had a lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she is so spiritual and jusy way ahead of the game. Its super cool to meet with her and she's only 13!! Its pretty awesome.
- This week I totally LOVED our time at the food bank, at the thrift store, painting Kristas house, teaching ESL, cleaning a house.... literally all of our service things have been so great & just makin me so happy!!
- I have been trying to recognize more things that I am grateful for everyday!! Another reason why I feel so grateful to be in Okotoks is because of all of the families! I LOVE going to church every week & being waved to by the cutest little kids. The Taggs kids are my favourite!!! If you know me, you know that I LOVE kids!!! Especially babies... They touch my heart right to the core. I can't wait to be a mother someday! For now all of the cute little kids around me will suffice😂
Here's a little something i loved this week...C. S. Lewis indicated there is often pain in change when he wrote of God’s expectations for His children: “Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of—throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace” (C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, New York: MacMillan Co., 1960, p. 160).
Yes, there is pain in change, but there is also great satisfaction in recognizing that progress is being achieved. Life is a series of hills and valleys and often the best growth comes in the valleys.