August 14, 2016


Health Adventure!


My family

Week 11: To Friends and Family

Hi guys!!

I wanted to give an update on my condition, and relay some more plot twists that have happened recently.

So I've been recovering from surgery well - it was really weird to be so weak and out of it for a while but I have a lot more energy now, even though I can't lift things still.  When they took out the cyst, it was initially declared it low malignant potential - which means they didn't outright see cancer but it wasn't benign.

The full pathology report (from Harvard!) came back on Friday, (analyzing the cyst they removed) and they found microscopic bits of cancer.  This means I need to have another surgery so the doctor can take samples from different parts of my body to see if the cancer has spread and I'll need to have 3 chemotherapy treatments at least, and more if it has spread.  In summary, I will not be going to the mission field on the next transfer.  Earliest possible (if it hasn't spread) would be January but that is optimistic.

I don't know exactly where I'll be doing treatments yet, but I'll decide soon.  I don't think I could go back to BYU because it would be too rigorous for the healing, but I'm sure I could take some online classes etc.

I don't know a lot of things at this point, but I do know that the Lord has a plan.  :) Thank you so much for your prayers - the Lord truly has blessed this whole process and I know that He loves me.
 I love you all! and thank you for your emails/calls of encouragement! I'll continue to keep you updated

- Jenna


« Back

Coming Events

Japan Tokyo Mission

Length of Service

100 %

Days in Mission Field