Yes, someone said that to us this week! Is it a compliment? Not sure! But we will assume it is.
This week was great! We went to Pearl Harbor and did service on the USS Missouri. Swept the deck as usual. I think I'm getting pretty good at it. ;)
Wednesday we also taught Mark! The Deaf man I met last week. The lesson was probably one of the best lessons I've ever participated in. I was surprised when I actually understood what he was signing and was able to have a conversation with him. I guess we could call that... the gift of hands? Or is that still the gift of tongues?
Other than that nothing too crazy happened this week! Knocked a lot of doors and got asked if I was a Nun a few times.. good times.
Here is a quote that is our ward's theme this year and I love love love it:
"The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives. When the focus of our lives is on Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening- or not happening- in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy." - President Russell M. Nelson
We can always find peace and joy in our Savior. He is always there, no matter what we are experiencing. When we have trials, we can still feel happiness when we focus on Him.
I love you all! Have a great week!
1. Mark- the Deaf man I taught a lesson in ASL to. Love that guy!
2. Found some cactus- had to take a pic!
3. District pedicures last week for pday!
4. "Heart attacked" someone's door because they've been having a hard time
5. Kaneohe zone at pearl harbor
6. One of my favorite sisters I've served around- Sister Tychingco! She has so much energy!
7. AZ & New Mexico flags - where we are both from
8. More pearl harbor pics