This was a great week!! I am getting a new companion, her name is Hermana Rocha and she is from Brazil! I hope that she will know how to cook some GOOOOD Brazilian food! ;) I will have more to tell you about her next week!
This week was full of visiting as many people as we could before Hermana Koford goes home! It's sad to see her go because we have had so many wonderful experiences together but she's been here for 18 months! Its my turn to work hard! 😊
Over the past few Sundays we have been struggling with people attending church despite our best efforts to invite all to come. This week we prayed specifically everyday to help people have the desire and ability to come to church. We visited with one recent convert named Aitana who is 10 years old and her mom works every Sunday so she can't come to church. Naturally, we offered to walk with her to church and she agreed! She is a sweet little girl who already has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and was just brimming with joy to be able to go to church with us on Sunday. As we were walking with her to church, I thought about the lack of people there has been in the Chapel and just prayed that this week would be different so that Aitana can find friends and feel at home in the church. When we walked in to the Chapel that day, I was suprised that almost every pew was full! As the sacrament meeting started, I just felt God´s immense love for not only me but all the faithful members and investigators that chose to go to church. At times it seems like such a small thing, especially in the United States, going to church each Sunday but I can Testify that this one action is so huge!! Not only are you strengthening the ward or branch that you are in when you go, but you are showing Heavenly Father that you love Him and want to be closer to Him. I'm so grateful that we have the knowlege we do about the Sabbath Day and the power that comes from keeping it HOLY. I promise that as we attend church, partake of the sacrament and keep the Sabbath Day holy each week that we will feel strength beyond our own. I know this is true because of the promises we make at baptism and renew each week during the sacrament. Pray for my little Branch that they can be strengthened.
Something I was really shocked with is that because we are a smaller branch the missionaries have to do everything. The things that members usually do like plan baptisms, the bullentin boards 😉, branch activities, etc. the missonaries are in charge of! It just made me so grateful for the service of our ward members at home and all the effort they put into their callings. EVERY PERSON is so important in the ward!! ♥️
I hope you all have a great week!!! I love you all with all my heart! Thank you for all your support and prayers!
Talk of the week is: "Believe, Love, Do" By Elder Uchdorf Oct 2018. This talk is so good!! My mission is using it as a focus right now 😊
Pictures of the Week:
1. Pastel de carne we had this at a members house. Pastel de carne is basically ground beef and potatoes and cheese. It's really good!
2. Pastel de carne with sweet potatoes, super yum!! Had green olives in it which was a little weird but it made with sweet potatoe is my favorite!!!
3. Tito and Maria - He is a member but she isn't, He gives us lunch every Thursday! He is super awesome and made the sweet potatoe pastel de carne pictured above.
4. The bulletin board we made in the church.
5. A member gave us 2 catfish!!!! YUCK, EWWWW! We did not eat them but our district did today at lunch. They said it was pretty good.
6. Rosana a SWEET member who has some disabilities.
7. Selfie of Hermana Koford and I...I'm going to miss her! 😢
8. Elisabeth, also a member, but can't leave her house because of her sick mom. So we visit her once a week! She is super SWEET!