It's official! On Friday of next week, I'll be one of the newest missionaries in the EBM (England Birmingham Mission)! I'm so excited!
On Monday we got a call from President saying that I'd be staying in Bristol and training another new Zone Leader! Elder Allen from Centerville UT. I've only met him once but am super excited. Sadly, that means Elder Butler and I are going to be split up. We're pretty sad about it :(
This week was by far the craziest of my mission. We had....
- The last Zone Conference of the ELSM (England London South Mission), and last with the President and Sister Gubler. It was amazing. We learned so much about how to be true disciples throughout our lives.
- We ran out of petrol on our long drive back from Poole, literally in the middle of nowhere. The Assistants had to come save us lol. Got home at like 12.
- Our exchange with the Assistants. I was able to go with Elder Ataide from Brazil! It was the sickest exchange. I learned so much from him. It was so amazing.
- A baptism in Washford
- I spoke in church lol.
- The last MLC of the ELSM. Basically, just all the info we would need about the split and how it would work. It was at the temple though and that was way sick.
- We had to say bye to all the boys going to the London mission. You could say it was rough. Elder Lawson only cried a little. Gonna miss them.
- Had our last interviews with President and Sister Gubler. It was pretty hard saying good bye to them too. They have done so much for me, and taught me so much. I love them.
There is so much change going on over here in England it's pretty crazy. Even amongst all the craziness and change I've been able to keep in mind what my commission is, to invite others to come to Christ. I know that sometimes the best way we can come to him is by accepting the changes that come and moving forward with faith, doing all we can to serve him.
Sorry this is a novel haha. I flipping love my mission.