Wow this week was amazing. Sorry for not emailing last week but this week was probably the best week on my mission so far. It is amazing how perfectly God knows us and how often he hears and answers our prayers.
We had an awesome opportunity to have Elder Gary B. Sabin come and visit our mission this week (that’s why I’m emailing on Thursday instead of Wednesday). Wow was it amazing. He talked so much about the Plan of Salvation. He talked about how often our biggest questions, hardships, or trials can be solved or fixed if we would just deepen our understanding in this plan. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear.
After the conference Elder Sabin asked to interview 6 missionaries and I was one of them! I got to spend ONE ON ONE time with an Apostle! I walked in and he asked my name and where I was from and paused and said "Elder, let's talk about your family." I just teared up. HOW DID HE KNOW? God sent him filled with the Spirit to help me individually. So amazing to have such a profound PERSONAL experience with him. He's had a couple children pass away so we just sat and cried and laughed together. He gave me so much comfort and advice and promised some amazing blessings. It was just amazing.
A couple weeks ago Elder Sabin also sent us a list of about 100 verses of scripture to read over to prepare for his visit. I'm sorry this is a ton (and I figure most people skip to the pictures by this point), but these scriptures in the order he sent are SOO powerful, so I wanted to share them with you.
Doctrine and Covenants 58: 2-4
2. For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
3. Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
4. For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
Doctrine and Covenants 59:23
23. But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.
Doctrine and Covenants 64:33-34
33. Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
34. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88
88. And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
Doctrine and Covenants 90:24
24. Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.
I love each one of you and I KNOW God does too. His plan is so perfect and it caters to each of his children so wonderfully and personally. I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost that helps me learn of truth and helps me feel God’s love. This life is just so awesome. Missionary work is even more awesome. Having the opportunity to be on a mission is seriously the greatest thing ever. I love you all!
£ Elder Madsen £
P.S. Happy 19th birthday to my girl, Peyton, today! I hope this year is even better than the last! I love you!
P.S.S. Good luck to my girl, Sister Munson, as she embarks this week on the best 18 months of her life! I know you're going to change so many people’s lives and eternities out in Philly!
1. Reunited this week with the GUERNSEY LEGEND, Elder Patillo
2. Gold calculator watch, tie chain gang. Reppin the Bristol Zone
3. Yet another joyous reunion with Elder McKinley and Elder Moooooooorcroft
4. Found a street named after what I've been eating these last two weeks