I hope you're all staying warm!! It has gotten to be very chilly!!! Not as bad as Winnipeg but it still got down to -36⁰. This week was so good! Every week is so good!!
1. ZCM = Zone Council Meeting was this week! Its were all the missionaries in the south Calgary area get together! We talked about how it is so important for us to be converted ourselves before helping others come to know of Christ and the ways we can do that. We studied scriptures and had a great discussion and I set new goals to be more converted so that I can be the best instrument that I can be in His hands. After conversing as a zone, we had our members join us to give us feedback and advice on how we can make good impressions as missionaries and it was very insightful! Overall, a purposeful meeting. Brother Tagg and the Armsworthys were our members who joined and they said some nice words!!
2. Jaxon got baptized!! It was a beautiful service. His extended family (who are members) came to participate in the baptism and the Spirit was so strong. Only 10 people were allowed in person but a lot of people were able to watch over zoom!! Jaxon was so happy after and his little testimony was the sweetest thing 💗 We gave him a huge 3ft x 5ft picture of the Calgary temple and he was so excited to get it!! So cute
3. Sister Milad and I started a group on Facebook to begin teaching people how to dance Poly style as a way to share uplifting messages and hopefully spread the gospel through social media!! Here's the link - anyone is welcome, so feel free to join AND invite friends!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/225596465891836/ 💃🌺
4. We attended a scripture study put on by the Relief Society sisters in one our wards and the Spirit was incredibly strong! Christine led the discussion and it was super powerful. She has such great faith and is an amazing example to me of someone who has completely come unto Christ. I can't believe she was only baptized last month because her testimony is as strong as ever, and her story is a testament of Christ's ability to change lives 😊 Her whole family is doing really well even though they are going through trials! I just love them!
5. We got to eat breakfast inside a members garage on Saturday and wow it was so fun!!!!! They live on a huge property and have a big hill in their back yard. They were telling us about how they toboggan and i asked if we could do it with them! They were in shock because it was -32⁰ and we were just in dresses haha but we did it!! It was so fun and I'll always remember it!
I just want to leave you with this scripture that I read during personal study. It's in 2 Nephi 26:13 and it says:
"And that [Christ] manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith."
ALL are invited to come unto Christ. No one is turned away because Jesus loves EVERYONE and doesn't discriminate or label people. He only requires that we exercise our faith, and will manifest Himself to those who believe in Him by the power of the Holy Ghost ❤