The Prophet Joseph Smith declared, "After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith (2007), 330).
Your mission is IMPORTANT!!! It will change your life.
My Mission makes collecting, organizing, and sharing your LDS missionary experiences easy and fun! It is designed to help LDS missionaries communicate with and share their favorite mission pictures, letters and stories with their family and friends back home.
Parents, your children will always be grateful for your help in preserving their memories. As you help them organize and share their mission experiences, you will feel the joy that comes from missionary service. You will build a deeper connection with your children as you collect and share these important stories and events. You will literally be collecting and preserving the memories the stories that they will cherish and tell for generations to come.
LDS missionaries and their families use the My Mission App to:
• Organize and share the emails, pictures and stories that your son or daughter sends home.
• Follow multiple missionaries including their friends, cousins and missionary companions.
• Create maps that accurately pinpoint each of the places where they serve.
• Send emails, pictures and audio recordings to missionaries directly from the app.
• Use social calendars and missionary announcements to stay connected with missionary events.
• Share your favorite pictures and stories with your local ward, stake or seminary.
• Share select missionary experiences with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Use social media integrations to automatically post items to your preferred social networks.
• Use email notifications to keep others informed and invite them to your missionary events.
• Take your mission experience with you wherever you go (requires Internet access).
• The app automatically syncs with MyMission.com, so you can add and view new content from any device.
• Safely store your missionary experiences on a secure platform in the Cloud.
Build and preserve a family legacy of missionary service now that your children treasure and enjoy for generations to come.
Our message is so imperative, when you stop to think that the salvation, the eternal salvation of the world, rests upon the shoulders of this Church. When all is said and done, if the world is going to be saved, we have to do it. There is no escaping from that. No other people in the history of the world have received the kind of mandate that we have received. We are responsible for all who have lived upon the earth. That involves our family history and temple work. We are responsible for all who now live upon the earth, and that involves our missionary work. And we are going to be responsible for all who will yet live upon the earth.
– Gordon B. Hinckley