Hola family and Friends! Happy New Year Feliz nuevo año!
Thank you all so, so much for all the prayers and for just reading these letters haha! With this new year that has begun, I was just thinking a little bit more about metas (goals) because With these and with a little help from family, friends, and especially God and Jesucristo. We can do absolutely anything!!!
First, I want to share some of my goals for this coming year and I would like to hear what your goals are so maybe I can steal some of them ;)
1. I will first finish Jesus the christ this year in English (I'm in chapter 25 right now) Then I will read it again in Spanish.
2. Memorize all of the Hymns in Spanish
3. Read the Book of Mormon and the Bible every single day!
4. Teach somebody something every day! Whether its my companion or an investigator
5. Speak Spanish better than my dad by the end of the year 😉
So this week was very, very fast and it was sort of difficult to find people here because it's been raining and everyone is with their family out of town or drinking haha. But we tried to make the best of it and have been having plenty of lessons. Me and my companions celebration for the new year was on the eve we went to the house of the president of our branch and had some asado which was delish- some more lamb and steak and chicken yum! Then me and my companions stayed up till 12 then at about 12:05 we were all asleep in our beds haha. But then the next day we had another invitation for another asado for lunch. So, more chicken, steak and of course, lamb - full stomach again haha.
The people here in Chile are so gracious and so humble. I just want to remind you that God Loves you and that with Heavenly Father and Jesus we can accomplish anything!
Your favorite missionary -Elder Jarod Stirling