Hey everyone!! Sorry that it's been an extra week... We had MLC on pday last week so I didn't have time to email. Anyways I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas!
Here are highlights from the last 2 weeks.
- As you all know we had our goal of having 27 non members and 20 returning members in church on the 22nd and thanks to your prayers and miracles we ended up having 18 non members and 12 returning members in church! The church building was packed and many of the people we're teaching came for the first time! :) The ward was hyped and did an awesome job at fellowshipping people!! We had a big dinner afterwards and lots of the people stayed and we got to meet a bunch of members friends and even set up a few lessons with them :)
- Christmas was probably the biggest highlight of the week. Here in Sweden they celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve actually and we got to be at some of my favorite members' places. We got to participate in all the Swedish traditions. We ate a huge julbord, watched Kalle Anke (it's a tradition to watch Donald Duck Christmas on Christmas Eve at 3 o'clock) and then Tomten (Santa) came! In Sweden they actually have Santa come during the day and all the kids get to meet him and he gives them their toys. It is always adorable to watch :) It was really fun to be with the members and experience Christmas here one more time.
- The new missionaries also came a week before Christmas, so that was fun picking them up and getting to know them and doing some trainings and stuff! This group's Swedish is AMAZING!
- We ended up meeting one of the member's friends from Sunday and also her son and had an awesome lesson with them! The son has gone through some really hard stuff and had some questions about God. By using the scriptures and bearing testimony we were able to help him and at the end he said, "I think I got my answer." The other awesome part was that the member that brought them to church is married to a non member and he was totally helping out with the lesson. It was awesome!
- Another major highlight of the week is that since the time in between Christmas and New Years isn't the best time to proselyte, we are given 2 extra hours to read the Book of Mormon and we are trying to read it in a week as a mission! I just barely finished the book of Alma and let me tell you, so far it has been amazing. I've just been blown away by all the amazing things that are in the Book of Mormon and the knowledge and peace that it really does bring. I would challenge everyone to read it with a question in mind before general conference comes and see the revelation you recieve! I add my testimony to that of Joseph Smith's when he said that a man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.
Sweden is amazing! It's a wonderful place to be at Christmastime although it's really warm here actually (like 10 degrees Celsius - about 50 degrees Fahrenheit) today!
I love the people here so much :)
Ha en fin vecka som vanligt