I originally put this spiritual thought at the end but I changed my mind, because if you're re having a busy day, then it's sufficient to just read this first part :))
I WANNA SHARE AN AMAZING SCRIPTURE MY MAMA SHARED WITH ME THIS WEEK AND I LOVE IT TOO!!!
The Children of Israel were getting closer and closer to their promised blessings of being delivered from the wilderness. The next step forward for them was to pass through the Jordan River to arrive in the promised land. This verse is what Moses said concerning the Israelites as they prepared to continue pressing forward:
Deuteronomy 32:47 - "For it is not a vain thing for you; because ✨it is your life✨: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it."
Don't give up.
It is not a vain thing.
This is your life!
What's the Jordan in you life? And do you have the faith that He will help you cross it just like he helped the Israelites cross the Jordan River?
Not to change tones but 여러분!! Literally the Lord parted the Red Sea and the Jordan River for the Israelites!! Isn't that amazing?! That's literally defying physics!! I guarantee that your trial is more realistic to overcome than theirs. So let us have faith!! And hope!! Hope that miracles have not ceased!! Hope that the dawn will bring daybreak, hope that wounds will be healed, hope that everything one day will make sense, and hope that those who keep their covenants will receive the greatest joy of returning to our dear and loving Father in Heaven!! Isn't that awesome??
So 여러분, "choose you ✨this day✨ whom ye will serve" (Joshua 24:15).
- I ate at the best sushi restaurant in my life. I'm so grateful for how kind and generous people are here. Small plates of sushi rode a conveyor belt in front of us, and you just grab what you want. I had 20 plates 😵
- On Wednesday, Elder Patterson and I traveled to 대전 (Daejeon) because there was a big meeting for new district leaders happening. The meeting was a 5-hour long thing, so I had a temporary exchange with Elder Gillet, who's a legend. We arrived in Korea the same day. We were able to get to know each other a lot better and just share our different experiences with how our first 6 weeks in Korea have been. Really fun and therapeutic. After the meeting Elder Patterson and I almost missed our train, we were full on sprinting through the train station. I wonder what natives think when they see two white boys in suits sprinting past them.... 🤔🤔
- Friday, I had an exchange with one of my favorite elders, Elder Osborn. Elder Osborn just always makes me feel so so happy and loved. My favorite was when we had one of the most incredible lessons with our friends from Kenya. The Kenyan Brothers. Isn't that wild?? I came all the way to Korea to meet 6 amazing Kenyans!! And oh man, they're all spiritual giants!! They were raised learning about the Lord and the scriptures, and they have such a deep love for Him! And their knowledge is so impressive!! One of them was practically teaching along side us, and he's never even heard of our Church before!! They were so warm to us and fed us so much. The Spirit of Friendship was there in the home; I felt so much love, and there was so much laughter!! At the end we taught about the Restoration, and I testified about the prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. At the end, one of them said, "we truly appreciate what you're doing as missionaries, and we're happy to have you in our homes. We do not understand this Book to Mormon though. You have to understand we've only read the Bible. And you talk about this book saying it's true, but how can I know that it's true if I haven't read it yet? So let us read it first so we can know if these things are true like you say. Is that ok?"....... I DON'T KNOW GUYS IS THAT OK?? UHHH YEAH MAYBE TRY GOLDEN RESPONSE!!! ✨🙌🏅🏆🎊✨ Oh my goodness!! To all my friends who are serving missions in Africa: you have amazing people to teach!!! Whaaaa so cool!! Also these brothers were talking so much about how we are all truly brothers now, and even though we were just on an exchange and I won't be able to see them much, I feel such an amazing friendship with them all now 💙💙
- Sunday, was an amazing day. It was Ward Conference. So many people showed up. And everyone was so happy :) I love serving in a branch because even though the numbers are smaller than compared to my ward back home, the love and unity of this branch family is so strong ❤️. My favorite moment was when this super crazy & fun 6-year old named 이명훈 (Lee myeong-hoon) jumped on my back, and I pretended to be a horse and went around the room and then I stood up and spun him around haha. Then my favorite person, 김보영 (Kim Bo-young) came over and asked him "Do you love Elder Kent?" and normally this kid is really sassy and crazy so I expected him to say no and run away, but he started nodding super big and had this big ol smile and then gave me the sweetest hug 🥺🥺 and my heart melted.
This week was really tough. But that moment made everything feel worth it ❤️❤️
여러분, please have a ✨DAZZLING✨ rest of your day :)) 사랑해요 ❤️
- the Branch family 🥲❤️
- the ward conference feast 🍽️ 🍱🍜
- nighttime bridge vibes 🌉
- With Elder Osborn ✌️
- Sushi Restaurant 🍣
- I love this painting of Moses 💙💙
- I learned a Korean FSY dance 🕺 (sorry I can't download the video)