Buena, so this week was awesome. We were able to reach many of our goals and we had a wonderful baptism this Saturday for Natalie!
1. The baptism went very well. My companion baptized her and I was able to confirm her a member and confer the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was actually the first time that I could do the confirming and was awesome. The best part was seeing the smile on her face after we said amen. The baptism was even greater than planned because her parents who said they would be coming showed up right before the opening prayer! They came and were able to see the ordinance of baptism and her Father had many wonderful questions about baptism and "the Mormons" in general. It was great because he was able to ask us in the moment where the Spirit was testifying of the baptism that just took place.
2. You may possibly recognize some familiar faces in some of the pictures. That is because I was able to do exchanges with the Elders in Calbuco on Friday and in the branch family home evening they were able to greet me. The branch, since I have been there has grown a lot stronger and now has 20 - 25 members attending.
3. We were able to meet a few times this week with Jorge and he is very excited for his baptism this coming Saturday. He has been investigating the church for about 2 years now and it is finally the Lords timing. I have seen the Lord guiding him in my short time with him.
4. We also continue to meet with Keilin, Ruby, and Heiger (the Venezuelans). They have a baptismal date for June 1st. This might change to a later date in June but they are progressing so well and I know they are receiving the blessings of the gospel as they make the decisions to join the Church of Jesus Christ.
5. This week I have been studying in 1 Nephi. In my study I found a scripture in chapter 15 that is awesome.
1 Nephi 15 : 14 -
14 And at that day shall the remnant of our seed know that they are of the house of Israel, and that they are the covenant people of the Lord; and then shall they know and come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and also to the knowledge of the gospel of their Redeemer, which was ministered unto their fathers by him; wherefore, they shall come to the knowledge of their Redeemer and the very points of his doctrine, that they may know how to come unto him and be saved.
Truly all of us are coming to the knowledge of our forefathers and of the exact or very points of the doctrine of Christ. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be an instrument in the Lord's hands in His work. I testify that we all must follow him. I testify of this because I have received the response of the Holy Ghost. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Chao Hasta semana
Your favorite missionary, Elder Stirling