Spiritual thought: "We are not perfect, and the people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger... part of the purpose of this mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord's way. Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiving. And they FORGIVE!" - Dieter F. Uchtodorf. Forgiveness is something I struggle with because I hate to be wrong and I hate to be wronged but I have learned that it takes a lot more effort to hold on to hate and anger for someone then it does to forgive someone. Jesus Christ is willing to forgive us for all of our sins and he is the most perfect person to ever live, then why is it so hard for us who are imperfect to forgive our fellow brothers and sisters who are all trying their best just like we are. If you are struggling to forgive someone it's time for you to get on your knees and ask the person who forgives you for everything to help soften your heart and allow the chains of hate and anger to be broken so you can experience what it's like to be set free and forgive. Love you all!
These past couple of weeks have been crazy and awesome, a lot of cool things have happened! It is so awesome to be a part of missionary work at this time! I love being the Lord's servant at this time and to see how much love he has for each and every one of us! Here are some Highlights from the past couple of weeks. My companion and I came up with a slogan this week "Embrace the suck" sometimes things really suck but if we embrace it and try our best....things will always turn out how it's supposed to!
Highlights:1) Last Sunday our mission president had my companionship and 2 other companionships who were Zone Leaders join a zoom call with our tech specialists and told us that we need to make a video that was going to be used for the whole mission by Tuesday morning! So we worked all day to get that done and by the grace of God got it done and it turned out really good! Then on Tuesday me and my companion made a presentation for our whole stake and presented it that night and that went really good as well! We got to see President and Sister Christensen in person for the first time in forever at the stake meeting we had so that was so awesome I love them!
2) We had MLC last week and it was so good! We learned alot about who we represent and had a great discussion on how we can be better leaders in our zone and just better leaders in general! I love being a part of these conferences and being able to learn how to not only be a better leader but be a better Christ like leader!
3) We also had a Zone Conference this week and it was so good! I learned al ot about how to align my will with gods will and what that truly means. Often times I am afraid to align my will with his because I am afraid that it's going to be something that is challenging or uncomfortable, but the more I learn the more I see that God does all that so we can grow and be better. As much as we want to be better, God wants us to be better even more so. If we truly want to grow we have to rely on God to guide us because he knows what's best for us!
4) We found a person on facebook! His name is Caleb and we met with him this week. He is really smart and knows a lot about religion and wants to find the correct one, so he said he is excited to meet with us more and learn more about the Book of Mormon so we are so excited to teach him!
5) We got to go on exchanges this past week, and I got to go with one of my favorite Elders, Elder Wood, he came out with me to the mission and we have been really good friends ever since so it was super awesome to be able to go on an exchange with him and to have a little change for a day!
6) We had a ward activity this last Saturday! We had this huge BBQ and people drove by in the cars and we handed them their meals and got to talk to a lot of members! It was such a great activity and it was so awesome to be able to talk to all those members!
7) Last week we hit 6 months in quarantine! It is totally crazy that I have now spent 1/4 of my mission in quarantine. It has been some of the hardest times in my mission and in my life but I have tried to have a positive attitude throughout the whole experience. I have seen so many miracles and blessings poured upon me and on God's Children and I wouldn't want to serve during any other time. The lord truly does know and love us individually and personally! And to celebrate all of that we took a trip to B-Dubs ahah!
Love Elder Asplund
pic 1: me and my boy Elder Wood!pic 2: us with some other missionariespic 3: B-DUBS!